Saturday, August 18, 2007

What this blog is about

Well, the rent does need to be paid. So, here we go. I am going to fulfill my dream of writing a novel and being paid for it at the same time. There is a plot, a protagonist (a beautiful blond graphic designer), a dashing love interest (but wait, I get a head of myself, that happens a bit later), a tad bit of mystery (where in the world has Mother gone), and I suppose, an antagonist (more on that later as well). However, the chapters are open at this point and will be directed by certain criteria. What is this criteria you ask? Money. Yep, no bones about it, like the hack writers we all love, it is all about blatant capitalism and advertising. But I do promise to weave it in honestly (I refuse to endorse any product that I do not like or does not like me) and hopefully in the seamless way movies of this generation weave such money-makers into their final products. Also, there is no working title at this point either. All good things come with a bit of patience.

In honor to this genre, I dedicate my main character to the Penny Dreadfuls. We begin with a not so young woman sitting alone in her dingy apartment. Penny is her name…


©Anon Rosso 2007

No comments: