Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's All About Roanoke

I found that gallery I always talk about, Studios on the Square, on-line at Merchant's Circle today. What memories it brought back. It's in Roanoke, Virginia in the downtown area. This gallery has a wonderful exhibition space and shows some pretty decent up-and-coming artists. That's where I bought that beautiful red, beaded necklace, the one I always wear to my own art openings when I wear the proverbial black dress. I bought it from a nice little girl whose dad had rented her individual space if she went through with his desires for her to attend Hollins University (though I guess it was still Hollins College in those days). Wonder what happened to her? Maybe she is still there.

Whenever I think about Studio's on the Square, I think about what is like to feel the excitement of finding a new venue and the potential of being an artist. You know, it is that feeling of competition (only slightly) and inspiration. Actually, come to think of it, it is my favorite business. It helps many artists make their way in the world because there is so much opportunity for artistic participation there.

Perhaps we should make a return visit? Have you ever been there?

My other two favorite businesses in Roanoke are also listed:
But I do digress a bit. I am thinking about listing my business with Merchant's Circle. It is a wonderful resource and directory. I can even do an on-line newsletter and the site will automatically send it to my client-base. As you would say - sweet. I can even create a network of artists by linking to them. I had never thought about doing this before, but on this directory you can offer coupons and deals for your business. It seems like a good idea. Everyone likes a deal.

The best part of this is that it is free to be listed there!

What are your thoughts on this?


No comments: